It is the policy of the Education Committee to encourage pupils to wear an acceptable form of school dress as determined by Head Teachers, Parent Councils and parents.
In encouraging the wearing of school dress, account must be taken of any proposals to prevent any direct or indirect discrimination on the grounds of race or gender. Any proposal will be the subject of widespread consultation with parents and pupils. Parents are asked to co-operate with the school in encouraging the wearing of the school uniform. The uniform was agreed in consultation with parents, pupils, staff and the Parent Council.
Wearing school uniform contributes to a positive school ethos and helps avoid discrimination and reduces peer pressure to wear expensive designer clothing.
Meadowburn’s school uniform consists of:
• Grey/black trousers, skirt
• Light blue polo shirt
• Royal blue sweatshirt crew neck with school crest (English and Gaelic versions available)
• Royal blue sweatshirt V-neck with school crest (English and Gaelic versions available)
• Royal blue cardigan with school crest (English and Gaelic versions available)
• Shirt with school tie and school sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan
School uniform can be purchased online from Gilmour Sports www.schoolwearmadeeasy.com The school continues to place an order with Gilmour Sports once a year in the final term by sending home a paper order form for any families who would prefer this option.
If you are on a low income or in receipt of certain benefits you may be eligible for help towards the cost of school uniform.
A new combined online application form for free school meals, free nursery meals and school clothing grants was launched in July 2020.